6/5/16

Broken pot art (cute little fairy garden diy)

 

Hi guys!

I've been really craftsy lately, I don't know why. Maybe it's because summer vacation just started and I finally have time to do the things I otherwise wouldn't. Wow, that's so sad. School sucks. (But you know, education is the greatest weapon you can have, and I want to be a warrior. So I guess the pain and stress is worth it..)

Aaanyways, I made a fairy garden into a broken pot today. And here's how YOU can do it too!

Yay!

First you have to break a clay pot or find a broken one that's been laying around for some time. We didn't have any pots that were broken in the "right" way, so I grabbed the hammer and screwdriver! I moisted the pot because I read somewhere that you have to do that before trying to cut it, but I don't know if that actually helped or not...


You may have to do this many times if you don't get the desired shape in the first try. When you have pot that looks like it could be filled and doesn't lay scattered all over your yard because you hit it a little too hard with the hammer (BE SUPER CAREFUL), you can pour in some sand or some kind of soil and plants. What I also did was silicone mushrooms. There's a really good video on youtube. Click here to see it. I just did what the guy on the video does but without the lights. It's so simple and so cute!

I hope this was fun to read! Comment and share if you want more posts like this :)

I'll see you again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment