3/2/17

Life update

It's been a while...

Since last time, I've turned eighteen (yay, adulting is so much fun... Ugh why... D:), finished the first draft of my zombie story, completely dropped the zombie story because I started hating it way too much, and started rewrites on my fantasy novel.

Writing is going well. I'm currently at 40K words for 2017, which is better than I've ever done in the beginning of a new year. I'm proud of myself.

I'm going to graduate in a few months, so school is just really stressful right now. I have my matriculation exams this month, and after that I'll finally be free from school for good! Yay! Except if I go to uni, because then it'll be far from over... But I refuse to think about that yet.

What else...

I'm just really happy right now. I think I have my life in order. Everything's good, even though I'm SO DONE with studying now. Graduating is super fun but it also sucks a lot. So many things to worry about and stay up at night for... But I'm happy. Usually. So it's all right.

All right... Yep.

Camp Nanowrimo is coming soon! :D I'm so excited about that! I hope to finish my current manuscript then, so that I can go on to even more edits and maybe have it completely done before this year ends. It's kind of strange to think about 2018 in 2017, but now that I'm legally an adult, I've got to think about the future. Sigh.

No, but really. Even though I wished that Peter Pan would just come and take me to Neverland the day before my birthday, being an adult isn't entirely bad. I mean, it was a lot more fun not to worry about adult things, but I also feel like my life has begun now. I'm responsible for myself now and am the writer of my own fairy tale. And that's an amazing power to have. Muwahhahaa.

I'm really happy that 2017 is here. Last year wasn't a bad year for me, but I just look back and can't remember much anything that I accomplished, and I procrastinated on everything. 2017 will be different. I just know it. It already is different.

Keep writing, lovely people! I hope to be back soon (maybe).

/Em


No comments:

Post a Comment