3/7/17

Meet Messi

(I wrote this in 2015 and was too embarrassed to post it, but now I can just say "I wrote this when I was sixteen, so don't hate me" if anyone dislikes it, so I'm posting it. And you've never had an introduction to my pets, so why not, right?)


This is our cat Messi. She is one year old and loves plastic bags. One of her many passions is climbing out of my window and sitting on the windowsill. It makes the whole family freak out. (Except me. I know she isn't stupid. She's a cat. She won't jump. I just know.)

Messi came to our family a little less than one year ago, and her mommy lives with our cousins. She has two brothers and two sisters, and is very tiny compared to her siblings. She is also the wildest, I would say, because whenever she meets her brothers, she is the one beating them in playwrestling.

Messi loves to sleep on her back, and has done that since she was as small as my palm. And she also enjoys getting rubbed on her tummy, which I've heard other cats hate. Messi is special. But as any other cat, she also loves laying in the sunlight streaming in from the window.

The most annoying thing that Messi does is jumping up on tables and bookshelves, and then drops everything down to the floor. Another thing she does is walking on my keyboard, which you can imagine is super distracting. Actually, when she was smaller, she would lay down on my keyboard and sleep there. And I didn't have the heart to move her because she was too adorable.

I enjoy taking walks with Messi. She isn't exactly like a dog... She walks where she wants and couldn't care less where I want to go, but occasionally we run along the mud roads together, and a passer-by could mistake her for a dog. But no, that is a cat I'm walking.

But who would name a cat--a female cat--after a football player? As you may know, we already had two guinea piggies before Messi came along, and my dad said that we would have no other animals than them. But Messi was such a cute little kitten, so we made a deal that if we got a cat, he would get to choose its name. And that was how Messi became Messi.

What else can I say... Messi is awesome and annoying, not to even mention adorable. And I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment