11/21/15

NaNoWriMo Day 21: 4 chapters to go...

Hello hello! Today I have some good news for you. I am almost finished writing my novel.

This project has been on my mind for the last five months, and soon the first part of the process will be coming to an end. I feel so happy, and relieved. This is the first book I have ever worked on for this long, and I feel so proud (and terribly exhausted, haha).

 I still have a long way to go, since I have predicted the length of this novel to be about 70-80 thousand words long, and right now it's at 42 thousand (nanowrimo + the chapters I wrote before nano). So practically I'm half way there... Because I still have to write the second point of view that I realized that I wanted to do after already plotting it. I have also skipped a lot of scenes and even chapters because I didn't feel like writing them at the time. So yeah, there's still A LOT to be done.

But the amazing thing is that the storyline is coming to an end. Of course, since it's a series, this won't be the last time I see these characters, but still. I don't want to spoil anything, but the ending of this novel is pretty intense. There's a lot more going on than the reader or the protagonist knows about. I've came to the point where I have to reveal the mystery and tell all the secrets, and to be honest, it's intense to write. There's so much to think about and so many things to tell. My brain is pretty messed up right now :D

This is what we writers go through. Some parts I hate, and some parts I love. A few days ago I felt like the worst writer in the universe, and today before sitting down to write I felt exactly the same way. But what do we do when we feel like we suck? We write. Even when it feels terrible we have to write. The first draft is only a pile of clay that we will make into a masterpiece in the revising and editing process.

But now, go and write!!
See you tomorrow, happy writing! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment